For the ones who ever doubted their worth, this post is for you. Today I’m sharing 4 tips to accept and love yourself more! We often spend so much of our time berating ourselves. We wonder how we could have done things differently in the past so we could be more successful today.. or comparing ourselves to other people, especially ones who are our age, and wondering why we haven’t achieved what they have yet.
Always remember that you are enough! Smart enough, talented enough, fit enough. You are a powerful being with a lot to offer.
I made a YouTube video about this here. I would love if you checked it out where I go more in-depth on the 4 tips detailed below:
1. Stop Comparing Yourself to Others
- No one is you and that is your power
- You are unique and equally as important and valued as anyone else
- Being anyone other than yourself is a loss for the world
2. Speak Kindly to Yourself
- See yourself as your mother, best friend, or an innocent child. How would you speak to them if they were having a bad day?
- Try referring to yourself as a term of endearment like “babe” or “dear”. Yes, it may sound creepy talking to yourself like that.. but only if you say it aloud 😉
3. Post-it Notes of Affirmations
- Think about an inspiring quote, your favorite trait, or any words that may resonate with you.
- Write them on a post-it note and stick it where you can see it as a daily reminder
4. Let it go
- Ask yourself, “How is this thought helping me towards my goal? How does this thought serve me in a positive way?”
- Let go of these self-doubting fears. Make room for self-love instead.
I go a bit more in depth in my video that still manages to be less than 5 minutes long. Love if you’d check it out ❤
Hope everyone’s having a fantastic Thursday 🙂